Sunday 8 December 2013

Favourite Christmas Movies #1 - The Holiday

Hello there! It's been awhile. :)

Since December is here, it is now acceptable to break out the Christmas movies. Now the first of my favourites is The Holiday. I have seen it many times, but on a recent supermarket trip, I saw it was $5 and well I couldn't resist picking it up to watch during the Christmas season.
This is such a good movie to watch during Christmas. The Christmas aspect is quite subtle but it is still there an perfect to watch one evening with some Christmas biscuits and a cup of tea.

Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black and Kate Winslet - The cast of The Holiday

The basis of the movie is focused around two women who have experienced some heartbreak and are wanting to get out of their home town for the holidays to avoid it all. One women is from L.A the other, from a small village in the U.K, who lives in such a beautiful cottage.
The women switch houses for the holiday season, but they both find love in the new towns they are in, but that's just the gist of it, so much more happens. Iris (Kate Winslet) and Myles (Jack Black) are my favourite little love story in the movie, just so sweet. I just love rom-coms, best genre for me, therefore The Holiday is the best pick for me during the lead up to Christmas.

So, I might as well go and watch it again now. Please comment some of your favourite Christmas movies! I would love to hear them.

Love always,
Stephanie.

2 comments:

  1. i love this movie but also love actually is pretty amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both! I love Christmas movies, makes this crazy December better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! So kind of you. :)