Sunday 29 December 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer; 101 Celestial

Rimmel, you always produce some winner products.
Rimmel is my favourite make up brand, I have countless items of their products. Their lip product range is incredible, their lipsticks, glosses, lip stains and liners are all winners and there is something for everyone.
I recently popped into a discount chemist and I could not resist looking at the Rimmel stand. I noticed that it was 50% off, which is just fabulous! In Australia, store make up brands are so expensive, meaning I often wait around for the special offers. This was my chance to try the rather hyped Apocalips, can we take a moment to appreciate the creativity of the name?
I'm a bit late on the bandwagon with the Apocalips, but at an average price of $14, I couldn't justify spending that much on it. However, when I saw 50%, I began to round up the coins in my purse to purchase the product I've wanted try for months and months.
Now, the trouble was picking a colour. I cannot pull of the bright shades or very nude shades, I every much needed the perfect pinky nude known as Celestial.


The colour is perfect for my pale complexion, not too 'out there' but not too basic. The colour just adds that something special to your lips. The application couldn't be simpler. The doe foot applicator makes it an ease, but I do recommend applying with a mirror, it can get messy without. What is wonderful about the product is you can mute it down by blending it out with a lipbalm, or add more to it to make the colour bolder.

I now have my eye on the colour, Nova.
Have you tried the Apocalips? What colour is your favourite?
Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post! This is a product I have been wanting to try for a while! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! It is such a lovely product, it's apart of my daily make up routine now, well worth it!
      :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! So kind of you. :)